RC2 - known issues:
1) ppc32,ppc64: the handbook isn't yet updatedofpath
2) ppc64: on PPC970 SLOF based machines (Power.org Bimini, YDL Powerstation, IBM Blade JS20/JS21) yaboot's ISO does not see /etc/yaboot.conf [*]
3) ppc64: we noticed some boot problems on ppc64 machines with usb/firewire addons cards thus remove them to install. This issue is fixed only with the new linux-2.6.38-rc3 kernel.
4) ppc32: Acube Sam460ex support it's not implemented. Skipped.
5) ppc32: Genesi Efika bootkernel doesn't work.
6) ppc32,ppc64: yaboot has still a big issue with ofpath command.
7) ppc64: machines with PATA_WINBOND (Symphony Labs SL82c105), like the IBM 9114-275, could read some kernel warning: CDROM (ioctl) error.
a. When you are presented with "Press 's' to enter Open Firmware.", immediately press the [s] key.
b. When you are presented with the firmware ("SLOF" BIOS) prompt, type:
boot cdrom [ENTER]
c. When you are presented with the 'yaboot' prompt, type:
cdrom:0,/ppc/ppc64/vmlinux root=/dev/sr0 [ENTER]
cdrom:0,/ppc/ppc64/vmlinux root=/dev/sr0 console=ttyS0,19200 [ENTER]
from yaboot is still unable to find devices on Apple's machines using new libata (pata) linux kernel drivers.
We recommend to read the path devices directly through /proc/device-tree/aliases/
anyway are now present ofpathname
(from IBM powerpc-utils) and new-ofpath
i.e. the reworked script by JoseJX from Gentoo PPC.
As suggestion you ought to use new-ofpath
for Apple machines and ofpathname
for IBM machines.