A lightweight GNU/Linux distribution for PowerPC!
Ilenia: A powerfull replacement to standard ports utility
Ilenia is a tool that offers a simple, quick and comfortable way to manage ports and packages on your own CRUX PPC (and CRUX) system.
- Ilenia can compile, install packages checking dependencies.
- Ilenia can also remove packages in an harmless way: it checks dependent packages before removing.
- Ilenia updates the local ports tree, gives a list of all ports, shows version diffs among installed packages and ports; it's able to show only packages older than the respective port.
- With Ilenia you can manage ports collections in subdirs of /usr/ports but also in completely differents paths.
- Ilenia uses an alias system: you can specify packages that for you are equivalent and ilenia doesn’t try to install a package if it is installed an equivalen one.
It's strongly suggested to read with attention the provided Ilenia man page.
Here a tuned /etc/ilenia.conf to use with CRUX PPC (32bit) ≥ 2.4 release:
# # ilenia(8) configuration file # [ilenia] # POST_PKGADD = "" NOT_FOUND_POLICY = "Ask" REPOSITORIES_HIERARCHY = "ppc/core ppc/opt ppc/xorg ppc/contrib" NEVER_INSTALL = "bin86 nasm xorg-xf86-video-vesa yasm kqemu" ASK_FOR_UPDATE = "Yes" ENABLE_COLORS = "Yes" VERBOSE = "Yes" ENABLE_XTERM_TITLE = "Yes" # DEFAULT_XTERM_TITLE = "" # ENABLE_LOG = "Yes" REJECTED_POLICY = "Check" [favourite_repositories] # Use: # port = repository # # Using wildcard in port's names is allowed. [locked_versions] # Use: # port = version [aliases] gcc-fortran = gcc-gfortran jdk = icedtea6-bin-ppc jre = icedtea6-bin-ppc icedtea6 = icedtea6-bin-ppc openoffice = openoffice-bin-ppc sendmail = exim postfix [pkgmk_confs] # you can choose to use a different pkgmk.conf # Use: # port = /path/to/your/special/pkgmk.conf # these ports must be compiled without any kind of personal optimization # (i.e. the original /etc/pkgmk.conf provided by CRUX PPC). # binutils = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original gcc* = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original glibc = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original openss* = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original yaboot = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original gawk = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original gettext = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original hdparm = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original mdadm = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original boost = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original llvm = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original faac = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original distcc = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original valgrind = /etc/pkgmk.conf.original # EOF